Bass on Bass

Friday, August 9, 2013

My Coffee: Prescribed by Dr. "Kona Joe" Alban


     Well, it seems to be a "coffee" kind of morning. Lower G.I. thunderstorms are 24 hrs past and I can again enjoy a good "cup of joe". It is as of yet not "Kona Joe" though. The simple fact is that the Kona coast is home to a host of coffee farms that grow some of the best coffee beans in the world. 
 


   "Kona Joe" is grown in a unique style by a practicing  Orthopedic surgeon from a family known for producing some excellent wines in California.
 
   He appreciated the potential in using growing methods very similar to that of grape vines as nobody else had ever. Increased yield volume and quality resulted. It is VERY appealing to my techie / gardener mindset.
 
   As one might expect from a blog by an orthopedic surgeon who just happens to run a coffee farm in a region known for some of the best coffee in the world, I found a post on the positive effects of coffee drinking on long term mental health, specifically reduction in the odds of contacting Alzheimer's Disease. 
   Now I need to find somewhere around here to purchase  "Dr Alban's finest". Ofcourse I could make trips to "the Big Island" a yearly routine....Not likely.

No comments: